Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Picture = 1000 Words

This is a short story about my October 2007 trip to the Bras D'Or Lakes, N.S. The pictures will cut down my words hence why the title "A Picture = 1000 Words". The Bras D'Or Lakes are part salt and part fresh water. Brackish is the term used for these waters. Some shores, depending how far away from the Atlantic Ocean are more or less brackish than others. The water in the "Early Morn" picture has only a hint of salt and I believe is potable need be.

The lighthouse is well known, although the name escapes me. It has two claims to fame: 1). known for the obvious....nautical navigation and 2). for the ghosts that reside within. The only hint the picture would reveal of this second fact is the rather foggy, eerie air about its locale.
The Ghosts are siamese twins as history records and their supposed names are James I and Jesse II. After careful investigation and scrutiny James and Jesse were questioned. They admitted to their crimes, took up secret residence to the Island Lighthouse and never were seen again. Later on Their names were reversed to Jesse James. And NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY.

Did you know that this part of Nova Scotia, called Cape Breton has a Sasquatch? Well I certainly did not until the day we took a hike in a nearby woods. And you guessed it, I had my camera, so again a picture is worth a 1000 words. I don't believe this beast saw me as luckily I was hidden by dense undergrowth. The only detail the picture does not reveal of this large creature is its weight which I estimated to be 350 pounds. It stealthily walked away not making a sound. I disappeared in a 180 degree direction.

The first picture will give you a view of the Lakes from lofty heights. The foreground is an abandoned Marble Quarry and behind are the woods of the Marble Mountain Sasquatch. I quickly vacated the area because I did not want to become a second Quarry...hee..hee. Nonetheless, a truly magnificent part of our country.

No comments: